Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Additions to Paper by Dr. Sexson

I was so glad that Dr. Sexson called me on being a slave to the needful thing. I focused so much on freedom from distractions that I did not bring up how you can, and probably will, become a "slave" to your needful thing.
My experience is with X-Men. I read Uncanny X-Men #331 last week. Then 332. The story was continued in Wolverine #101, so I pulled that out and read it. Went back to Uncanny #333, and I will read 334 after that and so on. I did not know how to put a positive spin on the word slave, but I guess I should just accept it. It is just a word. If you wanted to you could say "obsessively devoted." (but that just sounds worse.)

I started reading X-Men from the beginning last fall. That means the first issue written by Stan Lee back in 1963. Since August 2009, I have read well over 700 X-Men back issues (meaning not the current ones being published during that time which could be over 100 comics)

Now we get to the tricky part : what happens once I've read them all? There are only 530ish of Uncanny X-Men issues, 240 X-Men, 200 X-Factor, 280 some Wolverine. I'll probably catch up to what Marvel is currently publishing within the next year, so then what can I do? I think I'll read them again! Or go through Spider-Man. Avengers. Something...

No comments:

Post a Comment