Thursday, December 2, 2010

Individual Presentations

Today's individual presentations were amazing. But I want to pay attention to two very special ones that really touched me.
Ben's is the first I need to talk about. I have not seen any of those movies. But The Silence sounds like one I might have to go out and rent. Lust. Intellect. Love? That has been going through my head for years. It can be very confusing.
Then there was Nate's presentation. This reminded me of an email I got from a friend in high school. (I think it was a forward, like the kind you send to eight friends and then you win the lottery, but it actually said something) The email told the story of a father who wished his daughter "enough" when she was boarding a plan. A man asked him why he wished her enough and not all the best. He said:
I wish her enough bad days so that she truly understands and appreciates the good ones.
I wish her enough money to eat but not so much as to be wasteful.
I wish her heartbreak so that she will not take someone special for granted.
(and a few more that were along the same lines but I can't remember an email from 2001)
And this reappeared to me in Nate's words: that without one we don't know the other.

PS: Tuesday night I was watching Craig Ferguson and his guest was Salman Rushdie, who I remembered as the writer of Haroun and the Sea of Stories. Among other things, he spoke of his newest book Luka and the Fire of Life. Might be a good one since I did enjoy Haroun.

No comments:

Post a Comment